Sunday, June 22, 2008

Favorite Thing #6


Favorite thing #6: Wee Sing Together DVD
It was a monumental day yesterday. Larkin actually... get ready for this... watched TV for more than o.5 seconds. My little sister Mollie (9 years younger than me) and I used to watch this video when she was little (which was cool for her at 3 years old and, when I think back on it, totally lame for me as a 12 year old to be watching!). Anyhow, after Mollie and I were singing the songs all the way home from Hilton Head, I decided to order the DVD as a way to reminisce. I mean... this is the show that taught me to sing my ABC's backwards! So, I actually found it on amazon... gotta love amazon... and it arrived yesterday. I popped it in and guess who was instantly enthralled. Larkin, miss I hate the TV... I can't sit still for 2 seconds or play with something for more than 2 minutes. Once they sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" she was hooked. I think she watched it for a good 15 minutes. Isn't it sad as a mom that I get so excited when my child actually watches TV. I just have such glorious visions of car trips where she isn't talking to me for 10 hours straight with Why question after Why question. It was fun to watch this for myself as well. I just ordered one for my sister... I think she'll get a kick out of it now too!

No comments: