
We decided to change up our usual summer pool day today with a trip to Mint Springs "beach" out here in Crozet. This picture makes it look so pretty! We packed a lunch and met friends here for quite a nice afternoon. I have to say (and I know this is terrible for a coastal scientist that studies beach sand...) sand is totally over-rated! What is it about kids that allows them to continue to run around and be comfortable with 5 pound of sand in their bathing suit! I mean really, doesn't sand in all those little creases hurt! The kids had a blast looking at the fish and playing in their tubes. Brooke wasn't so fond of the sand and sun. I think she prefers the pool where her toys stay clean and she can play around a little easier in the water. Larkin made "friends" with this little girl named Julia. Julia was 11 and I think too polite to tell Larkin to buzz off. I just kept overhearing their conversation which went something like: "Hi, my name is yarkin, what's your name... your name is Julia... will you make a volcano? Your name is Julia... I'm 2... will you make a volcano.... your name is julia.... will you make another volcano... i like your bathing suit julia... will you make another volcano??" This went on and on and on. Larkin just kept bossing around this poor 11 year old girl. It was just too funny. Being the good mother that I am, I totally ignored the whole interaction and just let Larkin probably annoy the crap out of this girl. If I had a $20 in my pocket I would have slipped it to her for what she put up with... Thanks Julia, wherever you are. Hudson and his friend Luke played really well together today. I was proud of Hud. Last year he was scared to go into the water because of the fish and animals, but this year he was in there swimming in the deep end in with his goggles trying to catch the fish... Go Hud! He really is growing up so fast. So, all in all, it was a nice, relaxing day at the beach (minus the freaking beach sand that was everywhere when we got home... why can't there just be grass or something!).

No comments:
Post a Comment