

We are in full-on potty training mode with Larkin in the Patsch Family household. Potty training takes every last shred of patience that I can muster up. Bean sits on the potty about 30 times during the day. She is really excited about the whole process of wearing undies and sitting on the potty, but it's the actual weeing IN the potty that seems to be a struggle. She will sit there for what feels like forever then say "I try next time." Then she will put on her shorts and promptly wee in them. It all has be a positive experience right... so I can't say what I want... which is to shout "You just sat on that freaking potty for 30 minutes... why didn't you wee in it!!!! Seriously!!" But no, I just give an encouraging "well, maybe next time you can try to go IN the potty instead of in your pants." Yesterday was a breakthrough day, because she peed in the potty twice and was so proud of herself. Granted she peed in her pants 3 times, but those times she was really disappointed in herself. This is better than it not affecting her at all, which is where we were a couple of days ago. I put the little potty in my car so she can sit there for a little while before and after we go anywhere. The hardest part is getting Hudson and Larkin to hang out around the potty forever when we are out and about. I'm hoping we will have a full on potty-user by the time school starts next week. Is this wishful thinking??

No comments:
Post a Comment