This is a favorite things post about things I never though I would get excited about but that I seriously love and would hate to live without. #4 is my new cordless vacuum. I went to Target with a gift card intent on getting a cordless, lightweight vacuum for the wood floors downstairs (yes, I have a $100 gift card to Target to use just on myself and all I wanted was a vacuum... sad I know, but true). I sweep these freaking floors multiple times a day, but the job requires two hands and Miller is always screaming when I do it. I've tried to bring the big vacuum downstairs but that is a job in itself and it just seems to blow the dirt out of the back. I don't know how that happens, but it does. I tried to get this Bissel vac that has been recommended by other people, but Target didn't have it... and I had the giftcard... so... I ended up with the ErgoRapido. I LOVE IT almost as much as I love saying the name... ergorapido... say it out loud... it just sounds awesome! It's light, has a super power suck (and a light suctions option as well) and it can also be a dust buster. Never in my life did I think that I would be so excited about a little vacuum. I just can't say enough. I use this thing multiple times a day. It hold its charge and can be operated with one hand. I can even get it under the couch! Wow!

Larkin is Modeling the vacuum in yet another dress... she's obsessed!
My #5 favorite thing is the Honda Odyssey. Again, I never wanted a minivan... never though I would get a minivan. I used to drive a bright yellow convertible superbeetle and then an old defender 90 (pictured)... I was always more attracted to the "fun" cars! I never thought I'd see the day when I would be so excited about a new minivan. That said, I am totally in love with the Odyssey. It has such mom friendly features. I can walk to the back and feed Miller if necessary on road trips, I can carry multiple strollers at once, the kids all have their own space, there are so many compartments and places to put the millions of things you need with three kids. I just love it. Gregor has our emergency storage packed with all kinds of "emergency" gear. I just love it. We checked out pretty much all the other vans, and I think this is the best one around. The price isn't bad either. We have the base model with added roof racks. It doesn't have the fancy self closing doors and trunks (which would be nice... ) but you really don't need them. I don't think I'll have the minivan forever, but for now, with three kids, I don't see how you could do it without one.

4 comments:
hmmm... are you trying to convince me to get a minivan....I so almost bought one today at the dealer when I was picking my car up because I couldn't get a freakin' baby gate in the trunk!!!! I had to ride home with it hitting me on the arm next to me in the passenger seat. And I only have ONE child!
k, I know what you mean about the vacuum...I think I need the cordless version...:)
Kiki,
Hope that you can help me pick out all of these things favs when I become a mom of more than one! Scary that I knew your love of the vacuum before I even read your blog. Even if your floors were dirty, BT and I wouldn't care at all. We are so blessed to have become your neighbors, and more importantly, your friends. See you out in the heat tomorrow! Hmmm, is bloggin' in my future. Erin
Kiki,
Hope that you can help me pick out all of these things favs when I become a mom of more than one! Scary that I knew your love of the vacuum before I even read your blog. Even if your floors were dirty, BT and I wouldn't care at all. We are so blessed to have become your neighbors, and more importantly, your friends. See you out in the heat tomorrow! Hmmm, is bloggin' in my future. Erin
Post a Comment